Deep fried malpuas soaked in sugar syrup served with grated cottage cheese and chopped nuts.
JAIN PANEERI MALPUA
½ cup grated cottage cheese (paneer)
½ cup refined flour
½ cup+ 2 tablespoons sugar
½ liter milk
1 tablespoon semolina
½ teaspoon green cardamom powder + for sprinkling
2 tablespoons ghee
Finely chopped pistachios for topping
Finely chopped almonds for topping
1. Heat milk in a non-stick pan. Cook till reduced.
2. To prepare sugar syrup, heat ½ cup sugar in another non-stick pan. Add some water and cook till sugar melts.
3. Add 2 tablespoons sugar in milk, mix and cook till sugar melts. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Add refined flour to the milk mixture and whisk well. Add semolina, whisk and set aside for 15-20 minutes. Add ½ teaspoon cardamom powder and mix well into a smooth batter.
5. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Pour a ladleful of batter, spread to make a small thin disc and cook till evenly golden on both sides. Thisis malpua. Similarly make other malpuas.
6. Soak malpuas in sugar syrup for 5 minutes.
7. Serve immediately topped with some cottage cheese, almonds and pistachios and remaining cardamom powder.
Preparation Time: 30-35 minutes
Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor